Forum Index
HomeZBasic Home   Forum RulesForum Rules   Forum FAQForum FAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RSS FeedRSS Feed
LinksLinks   DownloadDownload   Digests and SubscriptionsDigests and Subscriptions
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
Do I need to purchase a license to use ZBasic for esp8266?

JimG

Posted: 25 March 2017, 17:07 PM    Post subject: Do I need to purchase a license to use ZBasic for esp8266? Reply with quote

If I understood correctly in the license thread, one only needs to purchase a license for doing atmegas, not the esp, correct?
dilettante

Posted: 26 March 2017, 6:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new here too but so far it seems to work for me without a "generic target license." Perhaps it is considered "native mode" and thus no license needed?
dkinzer
Site Admin

Posted: 26 March 2017, 14:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

dilettante wrote:
Perhaps it is considered "native mode" and thus no license needed?
In general, the generic target license is required for target devices that are not purchased from ZBasic/Elba. The ESP8266 is an exception to that policy.

On the other hand, a generic target device such as the Atmel ATmega168 does require a generic target license (and it is a native mode target). The descriptor "native mode" is used for targets for which native code is generated by the ZBasic compiler. The original ZX devices such as the ZX-24p host an interpreter and they execute a type of "p-code" rather than native code.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> ZBasic for Generic Targets Time synchro. with the server - Timezone/DST with your computer
Page 1 of 1

All content Copyright © 2005-2017 Elba Corp. All rights reserved.
Opinions expressed in posts are those of the author and not necessarily those of Elba Corp.