Forum Index
HomeZBasic Home   Forum RulesForum Rules   Forum FAQForum FAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RSS FeedRSS Feed
LinksLinks   DownloadDownload   Digests and SubscriptionsDigests and Subscriptions
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
Compatibility with new versions of Windows

wwwoholic

Posted: 04 April 2017, 22:40 PM    Post subject: Compatibility with new versions of Windows Reply with quote

I have perfectly working setup on my 64 bit Win 7 machine: IDE 1.7.4, compiler 4.3.20. Startup is under a second, shutdown is instantaneous, the compilation time is about 3 seconds.

On another machine under 64 bit Win 8 I have 1.7.5, 4.3.14 installed. The startup/shutdown time is about 5 seconds (I can see individual files loading) and the compilation is about 5 minutes.

My client has 1.7.5, 4.3.20 on 32 bit Win 7 laptop and compilation time for him is about 10 min.

On another machine with Win 10 he tried IDE 1.7.4 and 1.7.5 and both got stuck on startup - the CPU time in Task Manager is 0% but no window on a screen.

There isn't consistent behavior here except that it does not work as expected in 3 environments out of 4. We tried a) re-installation, b) running in compatibility modes. it did not help. Any advice?
GTBecker

Posted: 05 April 2017, 0:58 AM    Post subject: Compatibility with new versions of Windows Reply with quote

> ... On another machine under 64 bit Win 8 [] compilation is about 5
minutes.

I just downloaded the current installation file from ZBasic.net to a
3GHz 8GB 120GBSSD Win8.1Pro64 machine, installed it with all defaults,
and compiled a moderately complicated ZBasic project in two seconds.

You might try Win 8.1.

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> ZBasic IDE Time synchro. with the server - Timezone/DST with your computer
Page 1 of 1

All content Copyright © 2005-2017 Elba Corp. All rights reserved.
Opinions expressed in posts are those of the author and not necessarily those of Elba Corp.