Forum Index
HomeZBasic Home   Forum RulesForum Rules   Forum FAQForum FAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RSS FeedRSS Feed
LinksLinks   DownloadDownload   Digests and SubscriptionsDigests and Subscriptions
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
zx-328n start up

rdrive

Posted: 11 June 2017, 10:30 AM    Post subject: zx-328n start up Reply with quote

I was wondering if pin 1 and 3 have to be pulled up to operate. I have already programmed it but I'm using it in another board without programming inputs and it won't start. is my pull ups the problem?
kranenborg

Posted: 11 June 2017, 15:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

The manual mentions that at least pin 3 (TX) needs to be pulled high, pin 1 is already internally pulled high. On my programming board for the ZX-328 I have only pulled pin 3 high, and this always works! I can imagine that this is the issue in your case, and it can be easily checked I guess.

Best regards,
Jurjen
dkinzer
Site Admin

Posted: 11 June 2017, 16:19 PM    Post subject: Re: zx-328n start up Reply with quote

rdrive wrote:
I was wondering if pin 1 and 3 have to be pulled up to operate.
Although the mega328P chip does have internal pullups, they are fairly weak. That is why we recommend using a lower value external pullup. The only disadvantage is that the lower resistance pullup resistors do increase the power consumption slightly but only when the particular lines are pulled low.

If the device worked correctly in the circuit that you used to program it but it does not work in a different circuit it is logical to conclude that there is some difference that is preventing it from working. You might consider constructing an alternate circuit on a breadboard that is identical to the programming circuit and then methodically remove unneeded parts one at a time, confirming that it still works at each step.
rdrive

Posted: 12 June 2017, 0:46 AM    Post subject: 2x-328n startup Reply with quote

Thank you both very much I did put in the pull ups but it still didn't start but I'm sure I'll find a wiring error.
Thanks again
rosariote

Posted: 12 June 2017, 6:55 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Pin 1 it is the RESET pin and it need to be high. I used a 10k pull up resistor. When the pin it is grounded it will reset the micro.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> ZX-40 Time synchro. with the server - Timezone/DST with your computer
Page 1 of 1

All content Copyright © 2005-2017 Elba Corp. All rights reserved.
Opinions expressed in posts are those of the author and not necessarily those of Elba Corp.